Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-039/5
312/DS-039/5 – (complete with 10 mm thick 57 cm long integrated accessory rail)
This lower body shield substantially reduces exposure to scatter radiation emanating from the table or patient’s body. The shield comprises a lightweight and durable structure, with enhanced friction maintaining middle link and pivotal arm supporting a flexible lead curtain. A unique patented mechanism enables the pivotal arm to move up when in collision with C-arm equipment. Semi-flexible tops shield can be added to provide greater protection to the upper body, which can be quickly removed to ease patient transfer and access.
- The shield easily mounts to either side of the table allowing the pivotal arm to always face the head end.
- A 72 cm wide attachment bracket slides onto a 25 mm high tableside accessory rail (maximum 11mm thick). The securing handle position allows the shield to overhang the rail end and be repositioned further along the table if required.
- The heavy duty friction maintaining middle link ensures accurate joint friction preventing unwanted curtain movement even when the table is tilted in any direction.
- Equipment controls can be mounted on the large integrated rail and grouped with others close by on the adjacent tableside rail.
Flexible x-ray protective curtains
- The curtains form a large (135 cm wide x 70 cm high) safe zone of occupancy for the Radiologist (or Cardiologist) and another person standing near by.
- The curtains form around an under table x-ray tube without impeding movement.
- The curtain’s inner 0.5 mm lead equivalent layer is bonded to its outer covering. As the protective layer is not suspended separately in a cover (bag), it cannot tear or fall away inside unnoticed.
- The pivotal arm and middle link can swivel outwards from the table side to form a 48 cm or 65 cm wing, or inwards to conform to the shape of the table.
Optional top shields
- Optional detachable tops shields (as shown) overlap one another to provide additional protection to the upper body.
- These semi-flexible tops stand above the table and can be moved towards the patient as required.
- Each can be quickly removed to aid patient access.
- A 57 cm wide top (312/DS/3.32/3) attaches to the pivotal arm, accompanied by a 27 cm wide top (312/DS/3.30) on the middle link and an adjacent, shorter 27 cm wide top (312/DS/3.41) on the attachment bracket.
- The x-ray attenuating material used in all tops has a lead equivalent of 0.5mm.
Product Brochure Downloads
Other products in this category
- Head end table shield 313/A2
- Head end table shield 313/A3
- Lower body shields 312 E - Range
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-006 & 312/DS-007
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-039/1
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-039/2
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/DS-039/5
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-005
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-006
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-010
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-011
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-011/P
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-012 (with fold-down top)
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-013 (with patented collision tolerant pivotal arm)
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-015
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-016
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-020
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-021
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-022 (with fold-down top)
- Lower body x-ray shield 312/E-023 (with patented collision tolerant pivotal arm)
- Upper foot end table shield 311/TC/004
- Wall rack 312/W-LB
- Wall rack 312/W-TOP